Alicia McCabe gets her research work published in Tectonophysics Journal.
Alicia’s Research Work gets Published in the Tectonophysics Journal
Recently, some of Alicia McCabe’s geology research was published in Tectonophysics – The International Journal of Integrated Solid Earth Sciences. She was part of a team that published the article “On the structure and evolution of the Sorbas basin, S.E. Spain”.
Well done Alicia!
Article highlights include:
- Structure and history of the Sorbas basin, SE Spain is described.
- Internal geometry of the basin is inferred from geological mapping and gravity survey.
- Early basin fill deformation produced large-scale monocline by gravitational sliding.
- Deformation produced by subduction rollback with back-arc extension.
- Petrophysical properties reflect regional deformation geometry.
Alicia believes that her six months of experience geophysical surveying and geological mapping in the harsh summers of South-East Spain really helped prepare her for life with MTS working at remote mine sites around the world
Please follow the link here to read/download a copy of the article.
We’re very proud of our diverse team of experts in their respective fields. Each provides a unique perspective and input which enhances the overall team.
Write a Comment